Breakthrough 2023 Key Takeaways (Share yours, too!)
I really thought taking the weekend to relax would help me unwind, but I don't do unwinding well. With all of the sessions, networking, meetings with Kerry and Bryan - I've had a lot on my mind. I've had two key thoughts:
- Woah, there's a lot to do!
- Woah...there's a lot to do.
I hope you can pick up the difference between the two. For me, excitement is usually accompanied by terror. Especially since implementation of new ideas can be an uphill battle.
As I'm trying to summarize 25 pages (before any screenshots) between the two of us from Striim who attended, I thought it would be fun to share key insights. I'd love to hear yours, too.
To preface this, our current challenge is company-wide adoption. Reltio said it best - it's a culture shift, not just a technology shift. Here are a few things that stuck out to me in particular:
- Take out the ABM language and think about the process logically. Not all accounts are equal. Lead processes typically don't take this into account. Sometimes, lead processes even neglect multiple leads from the same account instead of recognizing the potential. A great way to explain it without drowning leadership in new terminology. (Thanks Kerry!)
- SLAs and sales involvement is a MUST. Without sales involvement, we're just accelerating our competition's deals.
- Burnout is a serious risk if we continue down the path of fishing with nets instead of spears.
My favorite part, though? My daughter found a new friend: