Best Practices for Using the AI Writer
Engineering Prompts Effectively
Prompt engineering is the skill of writing a prompt (i.e., instruction) that elicits a valuable response from the AI model.
Good prompt engineering is the difference between receiving an AI-written email that is out of context and poorly formatted and one that is punchy and contextually appropriate.
Some best practices for prompt engineering include:
- For complex prompts, it is often best to have the AI Writer go through instructions step by step. You can do this using “chain of thought” prompting.
- e.g., Begin your prompt with an instruction like “Take a deep breath and work through this step by step.”
- Start the prompt with “roleplaying.” Ask the AI Writer to imagine that it is a persona in a certain situation.
- e.g., “Imagine you are a top-performing BDR at 6sense.”
- Simply tell the AI Writer what you want to see included.
- e.g., “Include an intro sentence in the 2nd email that is personalized to climbing enthusiasts.”
- Include bullet points if you have an outline or a set of talking points.
- e.g., “Talking Points: • 6sense is an AI-powered predictive intelligence platform for sales and marketing teams • 6sense helps your commercial teams prioritize accounts to target • 6sense increases win rates and reduces opportunity-related costs, maximizing your marketing and sales ROI”
- Specify the style or format in which you want the AI Writer to generate copy.
- e.g., “Using the Attention-Interest-Desire-Action model, write an email…”
- e.g., “Write a three-email lead nurture cadence that is not explicitly salesy…”
Add Training Content
Our AI Writer is optimized for writing B2B marketing and sales emails at this point in time.
To train the AI Writer on your company's factual information ("Inspire content"), we recommend uploading documents like case studies, product overviews, one-pagers, blog posts, and white papers. The AI Writer will look through these pieces of training content to find the most relevant facts and figures to use when generating an email cadence.
To train the AI Writer on your company's tone ("Affect tone"), we recommend using sample marketing emails as training content. There is a character limit of 1,000 characters for each individual piece of training content for this reason. We also recommend that you use sample marketing emails that do not contradict each other in tone.
As we expand our ability to ingest your company’s past content, we will make new upload formats available.
Customize with 6sense Intent Keywords
After connecting your 6sense Platform instance to your 6sense® Conversational Email instance, you can select intent keywords to customize your AI Writer.
You can do this in the AI Writer Settings panel in the document editor or in the “Customize AI Writer” menu on the AI Writer page.
We recommend selecting the highest-performing keywords that are specific to your company and industry. Keep in mind that some of the highest-ranked keywords (based on number of accounts researching) may be words that are too generic to be useful for writing incisive copy.
Save Prompts Across Your Team
Whenever you can, we recommend saving prompts that you’ve seen generate high-quality copy.
Doing so allows your team members in the same 6sense® Conversational Email instance to access and build upon these saved prompts when creating new documents.
Think of it as saving “spells” into a “spellbook” for re-casting in the future.
Collating saved prompts is a great way to efficiently onboard newer team members to the AI-powered content creation process.
All they need to do to create new content is choose a saved prompt that’s previously worked well from the Prompt Library, edit it to their use case, and then generate the copy.
Start With Suggested Prompts
Starting from scratch can be hard. That’s why 6sense® Conversational Email has curated a list of suggested prompts for you.
We’ve prepared this list of suggested prompts based on our recommended plays and prompt engineering experiments.
You can use these prompts to quickly generate compelling copy. All you need to do is choose from one of our suggested prompts in the Prompt Library, edit it to your use case, and then generate the copy.
We plan to expand the list of suggested prompts over time to support more popular marketing plays. We will try to update prompts as and when we find better ways to generate more compelling, on-brand copy using the AI Writer.
Have a suggestion for a use case you’d like to see? Feel free to give us your suggestions here.