6sense Credits Usage for SI Free and Paid SI Individual Plans

Sarah Wylie
Sarah Wylie Posts: 125 6senser
edited December 2023 in 6sense Help Articles

Understand 6sense credits and how they are used with the SI Free and paid SI Individual plans.  

What are 6sense credits? 

6sense credits are tokens that allow you to access information in 6sense database records in particular ways depending on your Sales Intelligence (SI) plan. 

You can use 6sense credits to: 

• Export company information using the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application or 6sense SI Extension for Chrome 
  • Unlock or export business contact information in the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application or the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome 

How do I get these credits? What if I want additional credits? 

When you sign up for the SI Free plan, you receive 50 credits, and you receive another 50 credits each following month while you remain a subscriber. 

Subscribers of the paid SI Individual plan receive 100 credits each month (50 more each month). 

Sales Intelligence plans other than the SI Free or the paid SI Individual plan may have different ways to acquire or allocate credits.  

How are credits used? 

• A general rule of thumb is that access to the information from one database record costs 1 credit. 
  • We charge 1 credit for any business contact information per person that you unlock or any company information that you export. 
  • It costs 1 credit to: 
    • Unlock a person’s business-related email address and phone number 
    • Unlock a person’s business-related email address or phone number (if one of those is not available) 
    • Unlock all business-related email addresses and phone numbers of a contact if multiple email addresses and phone numbers are available 
    • Export company information 

Note: We don’t charge any credits for unlocking if we don’t have any information (email or phone) available for a contact. 

I unlocked a profile, but only the contact’s email was available. How many credits will I be charged? 

It will cost 1 credit. 

Are there any exceptions for how credits are charged? When are 6sense credits not consumed? 

Yes, there are a few: 

• Exporting business contact information to a CSV file after that information is unlocked does not cost any credits. 
  • Exporting business contact information or company information that you have already been charged a credit for does not cost any additional credits. 

What happens if I try to unlock contact information or export information and I don’t have enough credits to complete that action? 

• You need enough credits to complete the action. If you don’t have enough credits, the contact information will not unlock, or the export will fail (depending on the action that you are trying to perform). 
  • If you don’t have enough credits for a bulk unlock or export, the bulk unlock or export will fail and you will not be charged for the entire attempt. 

How does unlocking or exporting work between the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application and the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome? 

Credit consumption is the same regardless of whether you are performing the action in the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application or the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome. Unlocking a credit in 6sense Sales Intelligence web application also unlocks it in the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome (without using a second credit), and the same if you first unlock the credit in Chrome.  

• If you unlock business contact information in the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application, it is unlocked in the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome. 
  • If you unlock business contact information using the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome, it is unlocked in the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application. 
  • If you were charged a credit to export unlocked business contact information in the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application, you are not charged another credit to export it again through the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome. 
  • If you were charged a credit to export unlocked business contact information in the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome, you are not charged another credit to export it again through the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application.
  • If you were charged a credit to export a company’s information in the Sales Intelligence web application, you are not charged another credit to export it again through the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome. 
  • If you were charged a credit to export a company’s information in the 6sense SI Extension for Chrome, you are not charged another credit to export it again through the 6sense Sales Intelligence web application.

Ask the Community a Question
Tip: Use the Search bar to quickly find what you're looking for